February 2021 NCA General Meeting: Chella Gonsalves
Chella Gonsalves returns to share about her water-based oil panting techniques at the February 10th NCA general meeting. A serious focus for Chella is recording the Central Valley landscapes and vanishing farmland and crops in oil painting, done ‘en plein aire.’
- Who: Chella Gonsalves, demonstrating water-based oils
- What: General Meeting – all are welcome!
- When: Wednesday, February 10th, 2021, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Where: Online via Zoom – NCA members check your email for the meeting link.
- Prepare, if you like:
- A potluck snack to enjoy while you watch
- A piece of your artwork for the Featured Artist competition; watch your email for instructions on how to participate online.
Chella has received several honors from the California Art Educators Association and Stanislaus County Commission for Women. An excerpt from her Artist’s Statement:
As I search for painting subjects, I see the evidence of urban growth destroying the gift of nature and rural scene in the Great Central Valley of California. I believe that my deep concern for capturing the treasures of the past is revealed in the small ‘plein aire’ studies, which are created outdoors ‘in open-air….influenced by the sounds,sights and smells of nature. …. Expressing on canvas, the light and shadows of landscapes, is a challenge I love, in the medium I love.
See the Chella Gonsalves website to learn more about this outstanding artist and her work.