Call to NCA Artists: 2021 Members Show
- Show Dates: March 30-April 18, 2021
- 2nd Saturday Reception: April 10, 2021
- Online entry is open through March 7, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance: March 14, 2021
- Deliver to Sac Arts: Friday March 19, 1-5 pm, Saturday March 20, 11 am-3 pm
- Take down and artist pickup Sunday April 18, 3-4 pm, or by appointment the following week during gallery open hours
Meet the Judge: Steve Walters
Northern California artist, Steve Walters, has worked the last thirty-six years as a commercial artist, art director, fine art teacher and painter. Steve has been called upon as a popular demonstration and workshop artist as well as juror and judge for many regional competitions in both Southern and Northern California. He has won a total of thirty-eight national and
international awards, including five Best-of-Show awards, as well as an Award of Excellence
in the California State Fair and many “Best of Shows” in regional competitions.
He enjoys a wide range of subject matter, including figures, genre, landscapes and especially paintings based on foreign travels. Having sketched and painted on location
in many exotic locales, including Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Turkey, the Czech Republic and
Mexico, he has become especially recognized for images portraying Old Colonial Mexico and its native Indian population.
Steve’s work has been shown in galleries and museums, as well as paintings published in American Artist and Artist’s magazines. He is currently affiliated with Placerville
Art Gallery in Placerville, California.