February 2020 NCA General Meeting: Chella Gonsalves
Chella Gonsalves will be demonstrating landscapes in water-based oils at the February 12 NCA general meeting. A serious focus for Chella is recording the Central Valley landscapes and vanishing farmland and crops in oil painting, done ‘en plein aire.’
- Who: Chella Gonsalves, demonstrating water-based oils
- What: General Meeting – all are welcome!
- When: Wednesday, February 12th, 2020, 6:30 to 9:00 pm, program begins at 7:00 pm
- Where: Sacramento Fine Arts Center
- Bring, if you like:
- A potluck snack to share
- A piece of your artwork for the Featured Artist competition
- Raffle ticket money to support NCA club activities
Chella has received several honors from the California Art Educators Association and Stanislaus County Commission for Women. An excerpt from her Artist’s Statement:
As I search for painting subjects, I see the evidence of urban growth destroying the gift of nature and rural scene in the Great Central Valley of California. I believe that my deep concern for capturing the treasures of the past is revealed in the small ‘plein aire’ studies, which are created outdoors ‘in open-air….influenced by the sounds,sights and smells of nature. …. Expressing on canvas, the light and shadows of landscapes, is a challenge I love, in the medium I love.