January 2020 NCA General Meeting: Sue Anne Foster
At the January NCA General Meeting, award-winning sculptor Sue Anne Foster will demonstrate the art of repoussé, a metalworking process that creates a raised relief image. Learning about a new technique is a great way to start the new year!
- Who: Sue Anne Foster, demonstrating repoussé
- What: General Meeting – all are welcome!
- When: Wednesday, January 8th, 2020, 6:30 to 9:00 pm, program begins at 7:00 pm
- Where: Sacramento Fine Arts Center
- Bring, if you like:
- A potluck snack to share
- A piece of your artwork for the Featured Artist competition
- Raffle ticket money to support NCA club activities
Sue Anne Foster is an artist at High Hand Gallery in Loomis , has an M.A. in Art, and a Ph.D. in Education.
She taught ten years in the Art Dept at CSUS, and for SMAC (Sac, Metro Arts Commission to teach art in schools. She taught 3 years in Uganda East Africa in the Peace Corps and for 18 years taught creativity at American River College.
Recently, she was featured artist for the California Art Education Association Annual Conference and gave a repoussé workshop at their November 2019 meeting.
She recently employed the repoussé metalwork technique to great effect in her piece “Humanity, It Takes All Kinds” which won Best of Show in the recent exhibit Changing Perspectives at the Sacramento Fine Arts Center.
Sue Anne Foster is president of Valley Sculpture Artists and member of NCA and the CALS The Creative Arts League of Sacramento. She likes to recycle found objects and experiment with different materials.