Call to NCA Artists: Artistic Journey 2020
Artistic Journey 2020
Northern California Arts, Inc. Membership Show
Northern California Arts, Inc., invites all its members to participate. (Not a member yet? Consider joining now!)
Enter At Your Own Level
The name “Artistic Journey” recognizes and honors outstanding efforts for artists at all stages of their art career. Entrants select which stage they feel they are at in their journey, and their works will be juried and judged within that level.
Level 1. BEGINNER: Developing your own art style, taking instruction and/or workshops, entered competitions and received less than 5 awards
Level 2. INTERMEDIATE: Entering juried competitions, won awards and/or ribbons, selling your artwork, working on NCA Artist Standings
Level 3. ADVANCED: Received NCA Master Painter Standing, teach art workshops, had private shows, recognized in art magazine or periodicals
(The information regarding ‘Level’ is meant as a guideline. If the level listed on the piece is determined to be incorrect by the judge or the NCA Board the artist will be consulted and the piece entered at the appropriate level.)
Juror: Steve Walters
- Entry Deadline: In-person entry, bring your works to the Sacramento Fine Arts Center on a Receiving date below.
- Receiving: Friday April 3rd, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm or Saturday April 4th 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Judging: Sunday, April 5th*
- Exhibit dates: April 28th – May 17th, 2020
- Pick-up May 12th 5:00 – 6:30 pm, May 14th 5:00 – 6:30 pm
- Awards Reception / 2nd Saturday: May 9th 5:30 – 8:30 pm
- Pick-up after show: Sunday, May 10th 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm or Tuesday May 12th 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Awards (Cash and Ribbons)
- Best of Show
- Florence Ferrario Memorial Award for Best Use of Color
- George Hargrave People’s Choice Award
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each level (Beginner, Intermediate, Expert)
*Notification of accepted works will be posted to this website the week following the judging. Works not selected for the show must be picked up within 3 days of notification.
About Juror Steve Walters
Northern California artist Steve Walters has worked the last thirty-six years as a commercial artist, art director, fine art teacher and painter. Steve is a popular demonstration and workshop artist, as well as being a juror or judge in many competitions throughout California. He has won numerous national and international awards including several Best of Show awards and an Award of Excellence in the California State Fair.
He enjoys a wide range of subject matter including figures, genre, landscapes and especially paintings based on his world travels. Having sketched and painted on locations including Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Turkey, the Czech Republic and Mexico, he has become especially recognized for images portraying Old Colonial Mexico and its native Indian population.
Steve’s work has been shown in galleries and museums and published in American Artist and Artist’s magazines. He is currently affiliated with Placerville Art Gallery in Placerville, California.
Signature Member of the National Watercolor Society
Signature Member of Watercolor West
Member Sacramento Fine Arts Center