June General Meeting: Michael Dunlavey
Come meet accomplished watercolorist Michael Dunlavey at the June 2018 NCA general meeting. Michael will share insights about his technique and unique style, and will bring several of his works to discuss and display.
Michael was introduced to watercolor painting at the age of eleven by his father Edward, who would take him on painting excursions and to watercolor workshops. Combining his strong sense of color with his love of the sea, he has sought to portray the iconic nature of the wooden boats that are rapidly disappearing from the daily scene. Michael’s other obsession is with the barns that used to be so prolific in the landscape of the west, his critical eye drawn by their simple shapes and weathered exterior. Over the past seven years, he has had six gallery shows and been included in the Crocker Art Museum juried Art Auction for the last six years.
- What: General Meeting – all are welcome!
- When: Wednesday, June 13th, 2018, 6:30 to 9:00 pm, lecture 7:00-8:30
- Where: Sacramento Fine Arts Center
- Bring, if you like:
- A potluck snack
- A piece of artwork for the Featured Artist competition
- Raffle ticket money to support the Aspiring Artist Debut fund